EASY RIDER Tours has been named the leading US-based cycle tour operator by guide book specialist Frommer’s Spain 2012.
The cycle tour company has just kicked off its 27th season of tours. Easy Rider Tours offers six different itineraries in Spain including some which take in the Pyrenees.
The ‘Pyrénées to the Sea’ tour is on sale now and guests who make reservations by 30 April 2012 will receive $200 off the cost of the tour. There are two tours in 2012, 10-17 June and 16-23 September.
“We’re very proud of the inclusion of our Spain bike tours in Frommer’s Spain 2012,” said Jim Goldberg, owner of Easy Rider Tours.
“We have worked with our fantastic local guides for many years to create unforgettable cycling, touring, and dining experiences for our guests. Spain is a magical country with diverse regions and cultures, and we enjoy being able to provide a variety of tours; there’s something for everyone.”
Other Easy Riders tours which touch on the Pyrenees are two which follow the El Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route. One is 11 days and the other 8 days.
Easy Rider Tours says, “Pedal this ancient pilgrimage route, starting in Burgos and ending in Santiago de Compostela, where cyclists celebrate their certificate of completion with a stay in five-star accommodations at the Parador Hostal de los Reyes Católicos, which has housed pilgrims since it was built in 1501.”
Cycle tour highlights include:
- Spectacular routes through Spanish and French Catalonia
- Bicycle the Pyrenees, with gradual climbs and major descents
- Mediterranean biking on the Côte Vermeille and Costa Brava
- Inspiration for Picasso, Matisse, and Chagall
- The Dali Triangle – Cadaqués, Pubol castle, Teatre-Museu in Figueres
- Catalan architecture from Romanesque to Gaudi-esque
- Museum of Jewish History in Girona
- Lance Armstrong’s training roads
- Catalan and French cuisine